In the early 1930s, Fr. Raymond Tonini dreamed of adding a school to Immaculate Conception parish. His successor, Fr. Leopold Adreani continued that dream by starting “The Penny Campaign”, asking parishioners to donate their pennies, nickels, and dimes to the school fund. Over the following years, the pastors and parishioners of Immaculate Conception kept the dream alive until finally, in 1950 the parish broke ground on a school building as part of its 20th anniversary celebration.
Today, Immaculate Conception School continues to be recognized for its outstanding academic achievements and its service to the community. As part of the Archdiocese of New York’s Northeast/East Bronx Region, Immaculate Conception School is blessed with excellent leadership and a vision for the future.